1. The donor leaves a lasting legacy to the community.
2. The expertise of the Investment Committee of the BHC Foundation is utilised in investing the capital of the fund.
3. The expertise of the Trustees of the BHC Foundation is utilised in analysing and selecting the disbursement of grants made by the Foundation.
A donor or their family can be publicly acknowledged and provide a permanent memorial in the community, to the donor.
A donor’s family can feel assured that their donation will be respectfully managed and care taken to ensure those funds are used wisely for the long term benefit of the local community.
A major donor or family can, in consultation with the trustees, have some input as to how the income from their legacy is distributed.
Donors of the foundation will receive a tax deduction to the value of the donation as follows:
1. As the BHC Foundation grows there will be a growing pool of income to be distributed annually to organisations such as the Bordertown Memorial Hospital and its onsite aged care services.
2. The annual returns from the BHC Foundation are likely to be higher than most smaller groups or individuals could achieve because of the economies of scale in terms of the investment.
3. A community foundation has the following advantages over a separately created charitable fund